Fidalgo Bay Aquatic Reserve
After two years of hard work, the Fidalgo Bay Aquatic Reserve Plan was completed in early 2008.
The plan incorporated ideas gathered through an extensive public process and environmental review.
We are continuing to work on research, monitoring and restoration projects in Fidalgo Bay. Essential to this work are the many public and private partners, including the City of Anacortes, the Samish Tribe, the Swinomish Tribe, the Skagit Marine Resources Committee, the Port of Anacortes, Tesoro Refinery, Shell Refinery and other adjacent property owners.
Monitoring and Restoration
- Causeway Replacement Study
- Fidalgo Bay Watershed Sampling
- Fidalgo Bay Shoreline Restoration Proposal
- Eelgrass Abundance and Depth Distribution at Two Environmental Aquatic Reserves: Maury Island and Fidalgo Bay - June 2009
- Fidalgo Bay Withdrawn Area
- Shoreline Modification as Measured by Washington DNR
- Fidalgo Bay Filled and Dredged Areas with Historic Shoreline and Bathymetry